Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Burned Hands and Forgotten Good Times

I wring my hands,
when I can't find yours,
buried in blankets of
insecurities.
You have hoarded 
your bitterness 
in messy piles,
leaving no path
free of
expired tv dinners
and misunderstandings. 
I peeked past those
garbage bag expectations.
There was no way
of cleaning it. 
I wring my hands.
Thought it might ignite
a flame,
like twigs and matches.
Burn your haunted house
down 
to the ground. 
I dash forward for eternity,
trying desperately to 
put out 
my smoldering bonfire,
in your flammable mountains. 
Wring my hands raw.
Each time I press my heel
into the flame,
you have started
another burning reason
why I'm no 
firefighter.
I question your sincerity, 
rather than climb
in after
the crying baby,
on the top floor. 
I wring my hands.
The hurt you
lit in me, 
will linger longer
then the years old ash,
still lining my fingernails. 
You knew
damn well 
I can't put out a fire. 
You knew my
extinguisher
was back under my own
pile
of cluttered
good intentions.
I will lose
all use
of my fingers,
if I light your cigarette
once more.
Burned hands
and forgotten good times,
can't make us see 
through smoke.
 


                                                       Image from: http://www.picship.com/





  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comments:

LadyBond..RuskinBond said...

Incredible girl!

Post a Comment