Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Numb

Lose change,
we grasped for it.
Sounded like our teeth,
chattering desperately for
loads of laundry.
Money.
Money makes me numb.
Romance,
we shudder loud
at the sounds of
"your the one."
Love.
Love has made me numb.
Rescue squads,
spread out at trace evidence,
for my confidence.
Insecurities.
Insecurities make me want numb.
When did numb become
the feeling on everyone's
chapped lips.
When did I start fighting
for nothingness.
Numb.
Numb because I  worked for it.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting words...!!

Unknown said...

Agreed...I love how honest your poems are

Metaphor Molly said...

Thank you guys! Honesty is all I know so im glad that comes through in my writing!

Unknown said...

Great take on words! Love every bit of it! x

Post a Comment