Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sshh! I'm trying not to think out loud.

Don't we all
deserve
our quiet,
secret place,
of solitude.
Give us one square
of Om.
Give me an inch,
of rewarding,
isolation.
I wanted nirvana.
All I got was an
earache.
From listening,
 for a
very quiet place.
Deaf sounds better,
then the nail on the chalkboard
responsibilities,
flecking caulk
on my creative outlets. 
How many crossed legged
nights,
pushing prayer beads
forward through
expecting fingers?
How much endured static,
like crackling stereos
out of cars at red lights?
How come good deeds,
don't make paths to
sought out privacy?
How long
till I know
the sound
my silence makes?
I just want a patch
of quiet inspiration.
like
everyone else.

 
                         Image from:http://outoftownblog.com/top-five-luxury-resorts-in-the-philippines/




  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find the hardest part is to make my brain shut up sometime... so many thought running through loud, crating chaos... and before you get a chance to capture that one importantly creative one thought - it is long gone!

Now if only could we all have few weeks in that picture, there'd be piece of mind... : ) x

Metaphor Molly said...

Amen girl! See you in the Bahamas!

Post a Comment