Thursday, June 7, 2012

No prenup needed in the soil

  
I want to marry a tree.
Seal our vows
in sap and soil.
Make love
in tangled roots.
Ill be the loving gardener,
and tend your every
weed.
Shade me from
the world's blistering
technologies.
Shower my eyelashes
with falling leaves,
like loving pet names.
Bloom for me baby,
and fill my womb
with fruit seeds.
Place the bird's songs
around my finger
like a ring.
Promise to carry me
into the forest,
rather then a
honeymoon suite.
Out live me.
Out live me.
Out live me.
I want to be
your nature girl.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

5 comments:

blog said...

Hello, I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.

Start seeds

Metaphor Molly said...

Why thank you! I truly appreciate that!

LadyBond..RuskinBond said...

Loved this Jamie, keep writing more

Unknown said...

Jamie...I love this poem I truly do
I very much like the line of the forest rather than the honeymoon suite...I look forword to reading more Thank you for posting your work

Metaphor Molly said...

Thank you guys.

Post a Comment